6.15.2007

Wild Horses

Rolling Stones
Sticky Fingers

Not sure that I can add any insight on this song whatsoever. I enjoy the debaucherous nature of the early Rolling Stones. This, though, I don't care for much. Sure, I guess it's a well-written and well-performed song with lots of sentiment, but it has been co-opted. This may as well be "Natural Woman" used for selling jeans. There is no edge in this track.

If I recall correctly, there was a slightly more modern cover of this by Mazzy Star. More modern in that it was the 80s. That one was sung by a female. The sentiment in this song is probably a better fit for a female than for Mick Jagger's libidinous self. Just sayin'.

Since I can't really expound on this track, I'm gonna go all Lynne Truss on you. The plural of CD is CDs, not CD's. Likewise if, as above, you have to refer to a decade as a number, please do so without the apostrophe. the 80's did not exist, but the 80s did. Thanks!

No comments: